29.9.10

Two-Wheel Tales

I swear this is not just to piss off Becca's dad :P

Anyway, because I don't think I can ever get tired of writing about bicycles and warm'n'fuzzy moments in life, I think I'm gonna start posting little story columns about extraordinary things that happen while I'm biking around Victoria (I say "extraordinary" 'cause, quite frankly, I love every second I'm biking around Victoria, so I'm only going to relate to y'all the out-of-the-ordinary happenings). Maybe convince some of you out-of-town hosers to come visit/live :P

Last night we had our regular band practice, which is always great for a number of reasons. One, I love playing with my band; two, we always have a cozy potluck dinner before practice; three, we've got a bassist now and it sounds awesome; and four, I almost always ride home with Eden. Normally the two of us cut through campus and head out Henderson to downtown, but last night we decided to go around Ring Road the wrong way on the sidewalk (such rebels). Anyway, just before we got to the exit off Ring, three other cyclists came down the other path and pulled out onto Ring just before we did, and as they did I thought to myself "heeeey, that red fixie in the back and that short girl in the front look familiar;" sure enough, it's our friends Casey and Amy and Andrew. We ride up and the five of us have a great, cheery ride most of the way back home before Eden and I take our seperate turn off; it was great 'cause I almost never see the three of them anymore - Casey's out of school and I only ever really saw Amy and Andrew in Chamber Singers (although really, Amy's in my theory class, so I really oughta keep up more often). In any case, it was great treat seeing them all again, especially on something so warm'n'fuzzy as a bike trip.

Yet another score for the bike coaltiion. As I said to Eden right after we said goodnight to the Three and went down Haultain, "see, you just can't do that in a car."


And this is where I find myself wishing that I did have some swell bike pictures a la Cycle Chic, but I don't, so here's a video about a cheeky campaign that's been going on in Malmo, Sweden.

No ridiculous car trips from Martin Lang on Vimeo.



Ride a bike - put the fun between your legs! (or, alternatively, less gas more ass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment