11.9.10

Sunday Post

I do believe this is the earliest I've done a Sunday Post before. Ahwell, that's work scheduling for you. I'm doing 7-3:30 tomorrow; it's too early to want to do anything beforehand, but I won't be home until well after I'd like the Post to be up, sooooo y'all get it nice and punctual. Snap.

Quick snapshot into the life of Alex: went for a ride around Fairfield/Ross Bay for the first time in quite a while - I'd forgotten how beautiful it is down by the sea. I also made a big pot of soup this evening; apparently it's pretty good, seeing as Bronnie (one of two lovely ladies I now live with) dubbed me "Soup God". Flattery, sure, but still, it's pretty good soup. Again, work in the morning, then I'm off for a couple days because I've got schooooool. Classes are looking to be pretty interesting, and I got principal in orchestra again too, so I'm really excited about that (I'll keep y'all posted on concert dates in the future, 'cause if you can make it, definitely come out - tickets are only FIVE DOLLARS if you're a UVic student).

Anyway, back to music and reading for me before I hit the hay. Tonight is shaping up to be the most sleep I've gotten in at least a few days :D












Here's another Josh Rouse song for y'all; this one's called "Sweet Elaine".
There's a story behind this one today, too. One of the older women at work is named Elaine; I don't know why, but I've grown to like her quite a bit (and no, not like that - the woman's got grandkids, for pete's sake). We both just seem like similar quiet souls at work - almost everyone else just strikes me as a "rushing" person, in talk, manner, and personality; but when Elaine and I are both on break at the same time, we have some small talk and there just seems to be such a mutual, peaceful vibe between the two of us. Anyway, I find myself humming this at work a lot now. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment