17.10.10

Sunday Post

So I lied about not getting a Post in this Sunday. I was supposed to have a "customer service" workshop in Royal Oak and then finish a four-hour shift back in Esquimalt, but the workshop got cancelled and I'd already told the director at First Met that I was busy this Sunday, soooooo...

And my shift is still only four hours and got bumped up even more, so I don't have to leave until 3 and I'll be back by 8. Awesome.



Sunday Bike Story! Friday night was a bit of a ridiculous night. I got off work around 10:30 and was informed that, as it was Friday, there was a "Bike Party." Bike Parties consist basically of meeting at Centennial Square around 10:30, going to liquour stores, and then biking off to who-knows-where until who-knows-when, which turned out to be Colquitz Creek Park (near Tillicum Mall) and 1-AM-ish. At around this time, we decided that, as we were hungry (and freezing), we should go back downtown to find food. Lovely ride along the Goose back into town, and then we all piled into The Joint on Wharf Street for some deliciously greasy late-night pizza (the place is open until 3, I think - fabulous).

Riding back home with Eden, Jeff, Ella and a new friend, Mike, along Johnson Street at 2 AM:

"Guys, I feel as though I am not nearly drunk enough for this scenario."


Suffice to say, RIDING back with your friends from a night on the town is so much better than driving. I can say this confidently as I have done both, and seriously - riding is way better. Even I almost get tired of how preachy I can get, but seriously - riding is just magical. It will probably change your life if you do it consistently, but at the very least, you will have a shitload of fun.

Oh, and ladies, if you're worried about looking good?

You look prettier on a bike than in a car. Eden says I'm a misogynist fart, but seriuosly - if you aren't wearing weird biking gear that makes you look like an astronaut, it's impossible for you to not look gorgeous on a bike. So there's motivation there if it's a concern :P (Don't believe me?)

Enjoy the Post, and enjoy the Treat! Goddamn so good this week droooool......













So y'all are probably familiar with my extreme love of Mumford & Sons.
Not much more needs to be said about this.



(Video of one of five more from the Hiboo set; fantastic video series and I fully suggest watching all of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment