15.10.10

Ride

I gave Eden a call on Monday; I had the idea that we'd grab our guitar and mandolin and go biking around town to find beautiful places to play music (ie. tunnels on the Lochside/Goose; under the Gorge Narrows bridge). Turns out she was on Mayne Island for Thanksgiving at her roommate's parents' house. She was on a boat back at lunchtime though, so she suggested I ride up the Lochside, meet her on the way and then ride back down together. Of course I said yes - you'd be stupid not to, considering how beautiful the Trail is on any sunny day and ESPECIALLY in the Fall. I dusted off my camera, tossed some apricots in my pannier and went out the door.

I made it all the way to the southern limit of Sidney before we met up. Aside from the headwind on the way back (fucking headwinds), it was magnificent to say the least.



(Okay, so I didn't take TONS of pictures [20 total], but I thought it was an accomplishment, seeing as the last two sets of photos in my folder are dated September 11 and June 18. Urg.)






No comments:

Post a Comment