15.8.10

Sunday Post

"In the archipelago of coffee, each man is an island. The woman are - who knows where - withdrawn but not quite vanished, like god at the end of the nineteenth century. Between your figure and the ground there is a tissue of airless space about the thickness of a piece of paper, in which all double helices untwine, adieu my little corkscrew, and swim off stage at the speed of light. Warnings, some visible, are posted at each junction. The floor may be slippery, the eyes in the mirror may be holes, the cashier may be unfamiliar with your gravity, the money may be avian. But the coffee is real and powers the economy."

-Don McKay, "Nocturne MacDonald-Cartier Freeway"


New record. I have managed to achieve a hangover without actually drinking any alcohol. Midnight coffee + three hours of sleep. Awesome.

But finally I've returned myself to civilized society. I've gotten home, had a shower, stuffed some normal food in my belly, and I'm finally able to keep my eyes open for longer than five seconds at a time. Progress, I tells ya.

Anyway, here's yer post. Once again, no work until 2 so I'm rollin' nice and leisurely this morning (although said quasi-hangover is definitely a factor in my pacing). Job's still going good - I got to handle some actual baking yesterday cause half the crew went on break and the other co-worker, Kate, found herself spelunking through the nether regions of the freezer looking for creampuffs. Good times, good times. New schedule up today as well, so I'll hopefully have a pair of days off in a row again next week and I'll be hauling my ass back to Chilliwack to gather the last of my belongings I actually still want, and then I'll be moving into my hopefully long-term house. Life is good :)

Have a good week!










No comments:

Post a Comment