9.12.10

Vultures

What a theft-tastic week.

First instance: stupid me. I decided that it'd be fine to leave my gloves in the rattrap on my bike while I grabbed a couple things from Fairway. When I got back, no gloves. Of course. Couldn't find any decent gloves at FOUR thrift stores, so I had to shell out twenty bucks for a pair at MEC (thankfully they were clearance, so they're pretty great for twenty bucks).

Then tonight: forgetful me. We played at Ocean Island's open mic this week (and it went great, thank you very much. crowd loved it - called for another song after our alotted three, and we even drew in the folks from the bar), and in my rush to get out of the rain and into the cozy, I.... forgot to take my lights off my bike. Came back out at midnight, no front light. Crap. Hilariously enough, I'm actually more annoyed about the losing the batteries that were in it. Three AAA rechargeables, so there's ANOTHER fifteen bucks or so. On the up side, I was already toying with the idea of getting a new light anyway, and Bronnie's (unused) bike lights are the same kind as mine, so I can just use her's until I get paid.

And in any case, it's just money. I'm not starving. I can pay my rent, although that inexplicably massive $500 hydro bill is a right kick in the pants. I'm also getting a grand from church in a couple weeks too, I believe, so whoo. And of course there's all dem studies what show that once a person is able to support their basic needs (food, shelter, and lovin' - all of which I've got heartily covered), more money basically either has no effect or just makes you unhappy. So, if anything, I'm just a little miffed right now. And besides - Optimist Opportunity! Fucker only stole my front light, I've got my back (*cough* important) light. AND cozy gloves.

Suck it, ya theivin' vultures.

And also.



Eee.

No comments:

Post a Comment