8.12.10

Golden February

I still get goosebumps whenever I watch this. I'm becoming increasingly more aware and sympathetic to the fact that this entire country is basically built on land that was killed for and stolen from people who are still here, but fuck, I still love my home.

I don't really know what else to say about this. I'm not a fantastic writer - I can't describe it how I'd like to. Suffice to say, I think this was and still is magical to everyone who saw it.

Not to mention I didn't actually see the minute or so following the goal, as I was too busy jumping and screaming and yelling along with EVERYONE at Smuggler's Cove to watch the screen. Everyone was just hunched and wound completely to their wit's end (hell, I was actually half-hiding under my flag), and when that goal went in, the place exploded. Everyone, and I mean everyone, leaped. Fists pumped. Flags waved. The table beside us flipped.

Oh Canada.

This was the best CTV clip I could find, but embedding's disabled, so how d'ya do.

Global perspective:

No comments:

Post a Comment