18.4.10

Sunday Post

Hey y'all. Bloody good thing I made that seperate post or you'd just be scrolling forever today (still tossed in another musician picture or two too, heh).
I've got only one thing left to do before I'm done the semester. Well, technically I've got two, but I'm not really counting a half-hour ear test as a stressful matter. All I've got is a research paper on high-speed rail transit which is due tomorrow evening, and frankly put, this paper is my bitch. I'd be lying if I said research papers were generally enjoyable, but when you actually WANT to research and write about your material, well... it's awesome. It'll be done by the evening methinks, and then I'm intending to indulge in copious amounts of guitar and liquour throughout the rest of the week.
Enjoy the music at the bottom!

ps. Watched "The Life Aquatic" again this week. Remembered how beautiful Cate Blanchett is. Was happy.






















Highlight of the week: discovering Melissa McClelland and then Luke Doucet. Hands down. Melissa was featured on the soundtrack to "One Week" and I found her through that. Amazing work, amazing lady - seriously, I have seen few women who are as talented and beautiful as her. Luke is even more awesome. Amaaazing guitarist, fantastic songs and he's almost as pretty as Melissa, who also happens to be his wife. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure who I'm more jealous of in this relationship :P
Anyway, I've been swooning over them so much this week I have to post a pair of videos. Hell, it was tough picking even just two. First is Luke Doucet playing "New Orleans" live - Melissa shows up partway to sing harmony. Second is Melissa's song "Passenger 24" - turns into a massive fantastic 8-minute dirty blues jam. So good. So yeah, enjoy, have a good week, and see y'all sometime DURING the week - all this free time, I'll be damned if I don't get anything awesome to post before Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment