1.5.10

The Last Hurrah!

I would like to dedicate this post to The Gruff. For those who don't know, The Gruff are a fantastic bluegrass/folk band from Victoria. Like, extremely fantastic. I love them, and prior to hearing them I pretty much hated country music. Anyway, after a lot of great years they've decided to start touring in space... or something. Point is, they're not playing on this planet anymore - their cover story is that they're splitting up. Tonight and last night are/were their last shows, their "Last Hurrah" as they're calling it - tonight's show is in Victoria and last night they were at Cafe Deux Soleil in Vancouver and I was fortunate enough to be able to haul my ass all the way from Chilliwack to see them one last time. Amazing show, wonderful music, lovely ladies... er, band. Anyway, hats off to an amazing band, and the best of luck to all of them in their future schemes. To The Gruff!

As far as the 'Wack goes, the weather finally made up its mind, and the results are gorgeous. It's actually been on-and-off sun, especially today; I took Norton (my trusty bike) out for a long ride with my camera and discovered that a) Chilliwack IS super flat and b) the ride to Cultus Lake is shorter both vertically and distance-wise than I thought it would be, which is also awesome. I have the house blessedly to myself for the next week, and so far I've just been taking pictures, eating spot'n'go and playing ludicrous amounts of guitar out in the sun (so glorious). Here are a couple pictures from the pile:










And this is where I get to practice. Puts UVic to shame more than just a tad.




See y'all tomorrow mornin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment